Features got you flummoxed?
Used well, Features can be a powerful addition to your projects and development process. However, when not used carefully, they can be a powerful drain on your time and resources.
There are many factors to consider in advanced usage of Features. In this session, we’ll address several best practices and decision points, including:
- When to use, and not use, Features
- Avoiding common "gotchas" in Features
- Integrating features with your module using Features hooks and ctools
- How to make your features reusable
- Updating your features manually, and with Drush
- Ideal workflow for using Features
- Using a Features server to make your features available to others
With Features best practices and good decision-making, you can realize enormous benefits in your projects!
Video at archive.org.
Have used features for sites/ active users of features.