With launch of iPad and NexusOne - iPhone/Android application market can't be ignored. Both these technologies has great potential to use our existing web based tools such as drupal. You can totally use drupal to manage/update your iPhone/Android native application.
Some iPhone/drupal stuff I wrote in past at: http://civicactions.com/blog/sumit
This session is about building native iPhone/iPad/Android applications using opensource web based technologies (http://www.appcelerator.com) with drupal as base system to manage: content, users, views, permissions etc.
What will be covered
- An introduction to Titanium Framework to develop iPhone/Android apps using Titanium API, web technologies like HTML5 and jQuery etc
- Introduction to ServicesAPI and web standards [json,xmlrpc]
- How to manage your application's data (content, tables, views, users, menus, taxonomy etc) using drupal.
- We will build a live app ... introduce you to some code here (ServicesAPI, YQL, jQuery and Titanium API)
- Photo gallery apps, Video uploading, Geo apps, user data apps, creating nodes on the go!
- Demo of some apps we build for Android and iPhone platforms
Video at archive.org.
Beginner, iPhone/iPad/Android developers, Coders, Curious