Drupal site best practice workflow includes initial development on local workstation, testing in a staging environment, and a production environment ranging from a single server to a high-performance high-availability cluster. After initial deployment, future versions go through the same workflow with the additional need to run tests based on the current production database and filesystem.
In this session, I'll demonstrate how to easily develop, test, and scale your Drupal site through this entire lifecycle without losing your mind.
We will address topics such as:
* How can I get develop locally and easily deploy the site to a high performance server or cluster?
* How do I seamlessly and automatically scale my production web site up and down to handle varying traffic, without downtime?
* How do I keep track of multiple Drupal sites, databases, and files directories, each with a development, testing, and production environment?
* How do I ensure my site stays up 24x7 even when one or more servers fail?
* Who do I go to when I encounter an server operation or Drupal problem I need help with?
This session is for anyone that builds Drupal sites for their own organization or for clients.