This session provides a fun introduction for people who want to get started writing their first module or extending an existing one. The presentation is both conceptual and hands-on, and covers topics like Drupal's hook system and the Form API. By the end of the session, attendees should have resources and a foundation to start writing or extending Drupal modules!
- What is a module?
- What is the hook system and how does it work?
- Overview and hands-on intro to the Form API
- Basic development troubleshooting techniques
- Resources & references for Drupal module development
- Answers to your questions about Drupal development!
- Understanding what a module is.
- Conceptual understanding of how to use Drupal's APIs to write or extend a module
- A feeling of confidence that module-development isn't beyond yourself!
- Awareness of resources to help you continue learning after the session.
Video available at Archive.org.
Folks who understand at least basic PHP but want to know how they can apply those skills to hook into Drupal.