For some front-end developers, there are few more exciting words than "mobile" and "jQuery." The recent release of the jQuery Mobile framework promises slick, cross-device mobile interfaces that are simple to develop.
As we begin to contemplate jQuery Mobile for Drupal, the question hangs in the air...will it blend?
In this session, we'll introduce the jQuery Mobile framework, take a look at how it applies to building basic sites, and then see what happens when we introduce it to Drupal 7. Topics of discussion include:
- What is jQuery Mobile
- How jQuery Mobile can be used in building basic sites, and how various devices render
- Potential hangups between the two technologies
- Walkthroughs of forward-facing and admin themes (targeted for community contribution)
- Pros and cons of alternative approaches
Video at archive.org.
* Developers, front-end and otherwise, who are interested in quickly developing a Drupal site that is capable of reaching as broad a range of mobile devices as possible
* Business people interested in using jQuery mobile for sites they are developing. The talk will have a technical bent, but non-technical audience members will not be lost.