Are you looking for a new approach to doing what you do? Are you tired of introductory sessions that leave you with more questions than answers? Do you thirst for real-life examples of processes applied? Then this is the session for you!
A small panel of seasoned Project Managers/ScrumMasters from CivicActions will begin with a basic introduction to the Agile/Scrum framework (with handout) so you can follow the ensuing discussion easily. This will be followed by practical discussion of:
* The Pros and Cons of the Agile/Scrum framework applied to Drupal (or other open source) development projects that will help you gain a real-world idea of how the rubber hits the road.
* Tips on questions to ask yourself to find out of Agile/Scrum is a good match for your organization, team and/or project to help you make the right choice for you.
* In-depth look at Agile/Scrum applied (and CivicActions history of practice with Agile/Scrum) including specific examples of successes and breakdowns.
* Information on Training and where you can find it.
* Additional Resources we want to share
* Question and Answer Session to get your burning questions answered
* A follow-up Bird of a Feather session in case we want to continue the conversation.
Video on archive.org.
The intended audience are those who wish to gain a better understanding of the basics of the Agile/Scrum process of development, specifically as it has been applied to Drupal development projects. Those who want to benefit from things we learned the hard way or who are shopping around for a process that might work better for them than the old waterfall method also might be interested.