Google Summer of Code 2011 is on. In this BoF we will be discussing plans, project-ideas and potential mentor/students for this year's SoC. GSoC is very important for community so please join!!

Group Page Link: http://groups.drupal.org/google-summer-code-2011

About: Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is a global program that offers student developers stipends to write code for various open source software projects. This will be the 7th year for Google Summer of Code, an innovative program dedicated to introducing students from colleges and universities around the world to open source software development. The program offers student developers stipends to write code for various open source projects with the help of mentoring organizations from all around the globe. Over the past 6 years Google Summer of Code has had 4,500 students from over 85 countries complete the program. We are excited to announce that we will extend the scope of the program this year by targeting a 25% increase in accepted student applications as well as accepting a larger number of mentoring organizations. Our goal is to help these students pursue academic challenges over the summer break while they create and release open source code for the benefit of all.

Count me in!

Count me in!

Always been interested

I've always been interested in this initiative, but some how never became a mentor ...

I've added myself to the wiki as backup mentor, I'm not sure if I will have the needed time to be a full mentor.

btw

It has always surprised me that the SoC is not resulting into a more permanent system for "pursue academic challenges".

I know it is not the focus of SoC, but can't there be some spillover effects?

It would be great to learn from pas SoC and see if we could create some synergy with other Educational activities. In my view it could be part of the Academic Initiative BoF.

Hoping to be there :-)

Hoping to be there :-)

+1

Subscribing.

participating

for sure i will participate so please count me in too :)

Diamond Sponsors

Palantir.net
VPS NET

Platinum sponsors

workhabit
Trellon

Gold Sponsors

Microsoft
HotDrupal.com
Treehouse Agency
Chapter Three
NorthPoint